A resident said that people will be forced to live without electricity till the entire issue is resolved.
Following last week’s fire at the Jagruti Cooperative Housing Society in Mulund West, residents are now faced with a new problem.
Honeymoon Destination Manali Tourism Himachal Pradesh Travel GuideиTravel Nfx
The cost will be carried by the society’s 56 households, who are unsure how to pay for it.
Faulty electric circuit
According to the Mumbai fire department, the fire was started by a faulty electric circuit in the metre room, which spread to the electric lines.
While speaking to Hindustan Times, Anant S Panchal, secretary of Jagruti CHS, said that residents, worried about footing the bill, were all shifting to their relatives’ homes, adding that Jagruti CHS is a Slum Rehabilitation Authority (SRA) building and the residents are not financially stable enough to be able to afford the bill.
A resident told HT that people will be forced to live without electricity till the entire issue is resolved.
Another said that each flat would have to shell out ₹25,000 towards the ₹15 lakh bill.
A massive fire broke out at a seven-storey residential building at Jagruti society in Mulund West. The incident took place on March 15 at around 2.55 pm.
Around 80 people were rescued while ten, including three children, were hospitalised following the blaze.
Source : The Free Press Journal